Juvederm is a facial filler composed of Hyaluronic Acid, perfect for adding volume and definition to the lips. It is important to clarify that there is an art to inject the lips and achieve the expected results. The success of the treatment depends to a great extent on the medical professional, who must have experience and the technical skills needed to mold natural and beautiful lips that enhance the face.
What are the benefits of Juvederm for lip augmentation?
Is a low-density dermal filler that can be molded to achieve natural results. Also, hyaluronic acid is a natural substance present in the human body, and for that reason, it is less susceptible to produce allergic reactions.
Juvederm is injected without the use of anesthesia and does not require sutures or recovery time. The appearance achieved with Juvederm is reversible because it is a substance that is absorbed by the body according to the speed of the patient’s metabolism.
In what areas can Juvederm be injected?
Lips to provide volume and definition.
Lines that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial fold).
Lines from the mouth to the chin (melomental fold).
Lines on the upper lip.
How long does the effect of Juvederm last?
Between 6 and 8 months, depending on the patient’s metabolism.
The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes.
Care after treatment
- After the injection of Juvederm the patient can feel a little discomfort in the treated area, which will disappear the next day.
- Apply ice on the face to reduce swelling and bruising
- Do not rub or massage the injected area during the 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exercising for 24 hours after treatment.
- Stay upright for 4 hours. Do not lay down.